What is GED Ready™?
GED Ready™ is the official practice test for the GED® test. It was developed by the same people who created the real test, but it's only half the length of the actual test.
What does this GED Ready™ product include?
This product includes access to one GED Ready™ practice test. You will receive an email that will contain a voucher and instructions for redemption. The voucher email will arrive in your inbox in approximately 2 hours but may take up to 1 full business day.
Why should I take it?
What you need for GED Ready™
- It's the only test designed with same-day scoring, so you get timely feedback if you are likely to pass the real test.
- If you're not ready for the real test, you will receive specific instructions on what to study next.
- The test questions look exactly like the real test, so you will be prepared on test day.
- Must take on a computer
- Minimum internet browser version: Internet Explorer 8.x, Firefox 6.x, Safari 5.x, or Chrome 12.x
- Includes the on-screen calculator used on the official GED® test. You can also use a hand held scientific calculator. We recommend using the TI 30XS.
- We recommend that you take the test in one sitting at a quiet place where you can fully concentrate. Once you begin the exam, you have 120 days to complete it. The test will be a better predictor of your performance on the GED® test when you take it in one sitting.
Special Note: We currently have 4 versions of each GED Ready™ subject area test in English and 3 versions of the Math test in Spanish. New versions of the other subject area tests in Spanish are in development. Tests are updated each year, and some versions may be retired over time. If you choose to take the same subject area test over again, note that you will most likely see a different version of the test each time. This is determined by the email address you use to take the test, and how many times you are re-taking the same subject area test.
Canadian test-takers: You will continue to test on the 2002 Series GED® Test. This product is for United States test-takers only.